Sentinel FM120P 12-Sheet High-Security Micro-Cut Paper Shredder
Powered by WP Product Review
The Sentinel FM120P 12 Sheet High Security Micro-Cut Paper/CD/Credit card shredder is a medium heavy duty shredder that works like the above shredders. This shredder has a 4mm * 10mm Micro-cut shred for optimum security of personal data.
Just like the others, it has an auto start/stop that allows you to control the shredding automatically. A manual reverse function is also in place to change the cutting blades in the event of a jam. If you also want to cut or shred CD/DVD, the Sentinel 12 Sheet Micro-cut shredder can do that too.
The machine has several advantages, for instance; it is simple to empty with a slide out 5 gallon waste basket. You do not require plastic bags to store your shredded documents all you need to do push out the wastebasket and dump the shredded material in the dumper.
Casters also make the Sentinel 12 sheet shredder a simple equipment to use. Additionally, the machine is equipped with an overheat indicator to protect the shredder motor. Some of the things that make the Sentinel FM120P 12 Sheet Shredder a must have home equipments are; ease of use, efficiency, reliability and safety.
- Shreds up to 12 (twelve) sheets of paper, one CD/DVD or one credit card at a single pass – separate CD slot means you shred discs without dulling the blades
- 4mm*10mm Micro-cut shred that Shreds 6 feet per minute(72 sheets per minute)
- Auto start/stop, manual reverse function, lighted over-heat indicator, ultra-quiet operation and casters make it easy to move the shredder to any location
- A large 5 gallon slide-out wastebasket with a window to see when container is full – capacity of 450 shredded sheets
- Manufacturers 1-year limited warranty
- Product Dimensions: 16.6 x 12.6 x 21.5 inches ; 25.5 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 25.6 pounds
- Slide out bin makes disposal of waste substances a light wind
- The availability of large windows shows exactly how full the bin is
- It works well hence much quiet as compared with the previous model
- The availability of the wheels makes the model to move around
- This model eats the papers as if it was functioned to do that job
Although the shredder does not have a sensor to detect foreign objects entering the blade, it has an angled feeding opening that would be very difficult to engage accidentally with, say a finger. It generally handles 6 pieces of paper fairly easy. But when one starts putting in 7,8,9 or more than you can hear the shredder begin to slow. The bin also holds 4.8 gallons of shredded material almost 0.2 gallons less than the manufacturer claims. Also the shredder won’t shred unless there is a piece of paper in the slot. Once inserted, the paper trips the (automatic trip switch) shredder to begin to shred. There is a manual reverse button switch but no manual forward one.
1-Year limited warranty
These few disadvantages do not outweigh the advantages the machine has. In fact, it is one of the best-rated home machines in Amazon. If you need a faster, quieter, more heavy-duty product ready to tackle several shredding sessions this is the machine to go for. It can be great shredder if you understand your needs well.
Watch on Youtube: Sentinel FM120P 12-Sheet High-Security Micro-Cut Paper Shredder
Hope you’ll enjoy this paper shredder review. If you want to view other reviews, check out: